November 16-23, 2019 | Yoga, Meditation, & Breathwork
NOVEMBER 16-23rd, 2019 @ PRANA DEL MAR, MEXICO
- The Retreat -
"Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I’ll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grass, the world is too full to talk about." – Rumi
This Fall, we will meet on the beaches of Baja and rest in the heart of presence, the place beyond words that beckons us HOME. This is a compassionate and tender process of allowing ourselves to be exactly as we are, closing the gap between our desire for how things should be, and the reality of what is. We enter the space in which the intellect cannot go, and in doing so, immerse fully in the river of life. We quench the thirst of our deepest longing and liberation.
For 7-days, you will be guided into the heart of presence through programming to support direct experience (yoga asana, breathwork, meditation, somatic inquiries, simple rituals), as well as dharma talks and dialogue to help navigate what is arising in your experience. As the Buddha told his student, “Do not mistake the moon (True Nature) for the finger (Dharma) pointing to the moon.” In this manner, all practices and dialogue offered will help point you in the direction of “that which cannot be described,” and to meet what is true in your experience of the present moment.
The zen, desert landscape of the Baja Peninsula offers a beautiful environment to support this inward journey. You will have free time to take long walks on the beach, journal on your private deck, or stargaze from the rooftop lounge. While the resort and location offer a rich “vacation experience,” this retreat is a full immersion program intended for committed and sincere practitioners – those seeking a supported environment to dive into the deep waters of discovery and liberation. Programming will include extended periods of meditation, yoga asana and somatic practices to bring awareness into the body, breathwork journeys to open the doors of perception, and periods of silence to support reflection and the inward movement.
This will be an intimate retreat (12 max) and to ensure high engagement with each participant, your early registration is recommended. Please contact Tai with any questions.
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE:
7:30am: Coffee/tea/fruit available
8:30-10:00am: Yoga Asana
10:00am-2:00pm: Breakfast and free time
3:30pm-6:00pm: Afternoon Program (Breathwork Journeys; Somatic Inquiry Practices; Dharma Talks; Yin Yoga & Myofascial Release Work; Labyrinth Walking Meditations)
8:30-9:30pm: Evening Program (Yoga Nidra; Systematic Relaxations; Meditation)
**Excursions will be offered on Tuesday and Thursday (Surfing/Swimming trip to Cerritos Beach, and Kayak & Snorkeling Adventure)
LOCATION & GETTING THERE:
PRANA DEL MAR | BAJA MEXICO
Prana del Mar is located near the southern tip of the Baja peninsula, just north of Cabo San Lucas. Located at the beach on five acres, the tranquil, desert setting provides the perfect environment for deep inner work. The resort features just 16 rooms and suites for an intimate experience, with two yoga studios, pool and hot tub, rooftop deck, sauna, spa services, gourmet meals, and a gracious staff. During free time, support you integration with a long walk on the beach, or journaling from your chaise lounge or the rooftop deck.
Flights should be booked to San Jose Cabo International airport - sometimes called Los Cabos (SJD) - and a private shuttle will take you to the resort (approximately a 45-minute drive).
Lodging & PRICING:
Prana del Mar offers luxurious and spacious accommodations, featuring organic linens, pillow-top mattresses, and private terrace with chaise lounge.
DOWNSTAIRS - KING BED
Perfect for the single guest desiring private accommodations or a couple, these rooms feature one king bed, with additional seating area and en suite bath (dual sinks & separate shower and bathtub). Rooms feature ocean and garden views.
UPSTAIRS - TWO QUEEN BEDS
The upstairs suites have two queen beds, combination living room/dining room, and private bath (single sink and shower over bathtub). Rooms feature ocean views from the living room and terrace.
Double Occupancy Rate: $2,250
Single Occupancy Rate: $2,750; $2,450 with Early Registration Discount by November 30th, 2018
Prana del Mar offers nourishing meals, sourcing organic ingredients when possible and produce from their own garden! The menu is primarily vegetarian, with fresh fish served several times per week. Special care is take to accommodate special diets, including vegan, gluten-free, or other allergies. Needless to say, you will be nourished well and enjoy beautiful Mexican and international dishes prepared with love.
ACTIVITIES & SPA SERVICES:
We will be taking two (optional) excursions as a group: a swim/surf trip to Cerritos Beach, and a kayak and snorkeling tour in the bays of the Sea of Cortez. As available, we will also participate in the release of baby sea turtles in partnership with a local non-profit. Additional activities including horseback riding on the beach will also be available during your free time.
If the jets of the hot tubs don't do the trick, Prana del Mar arranges spa services including therapeutic massage, salt scrubs, aromatherapy treatments, and facials.
The rates listed above include accommodations for seven nights, gourmet meals, full immersion retreat programming, airport transfers on the arrival and departure dates, and all sales and hotel taxes.
Rate DO NOT include: Airfare, spa treatments, optional excursions and activities, airport transfers on alternate dates, and gratuities for Prana del Mar's staff.
REGISTRATION & CANCELLATION POLICY:
A $500 deposit is required to reserve your room at the retreat, with balance due August 16th, 2018.
Payment by check is preferred to avoid processing fees, otherwise, the deposit and/or full payment can be made online via PayPal. Checks should be made payable to SWORD & LOTUS, and mailed to:
Sword & Lotus, PO Box 16595, Seattle WA 98116
The balance of payment is due 90 days prior to departure - August 16th, 2018.
In the event of cancellation:
More than 90 days: Full refund, less the deposit
From 90 to 60 days: 50% refund, less the deposit
Less than 60 days: No refund of payments made
As always with international travel, travel insurance is strongly recommended.
ADDITIONAL Q&A FOR YOUR PLANNING:
- Can I swim in the ocean? Generally, the waves and currents on the Pacific coast of Baja are too rough for safe swimming. We will be taking two excursions (Tuesday & Thursday) to swimming friendly areas, so you'll have a couple days of ocean play, and a swimming pool at the resort for daily dips.
- What travel documents do I need? You will need a valid passport, and for those coming from the US and Canada, no visa is required. It's always a good idea to bring extra color copies of your passport, and passports can be left in room safes.
- Should I get travel insurance? For international retreats and travel, it's always recommended to have travel insurance.
- What type of currency should I bring? Cash (US dollars or Mexican pesos) is recommended to pay for spa services, tips and gratuities, and many of the excursions (some outfitters except credit cards, but some do not). There are no ATMs in the immediate vicinity of the resort, so it's a good idea to come with extra cash for anything you might want to enjoy on retreat.
- What type of electric outlets are used? Should I bring a hairdryer? If you are coming from the US or Canada, your electronics will work without an adapter (all of North America uses the same standard plug for 110V connections). Please note that the resort has some hair dryers, but if you NEED one, please bring your own, and consider that their electricity is entirely solar-powered, so discretion is requested.
- How do I get from the airport to the retreat center? Shuttle transfers from San Jose del Cabo (SJD) are included in the retreat. A shuttle will be arranged to meet you at the airport, and it's a 45-minute drive to the resort.
Any remaining questions? Please contact Tai to inquire!