November 16-23, 2019 | Yoga, Meditation, & Breathwork
"Every wise culture knows there are times when it is important to walk out in the desert or in the mountains, to go on retreat and listen." – Jack Kornfield
Join me on the beaches of Baja for an illuminating and rejuvenating week in retreat. The invitation is one of liberating and integrating the dynamic range of your being in support of a more meaningful and rich life experience. This type of experiential journey holds the potential to deeply impact your developmental growth and capacity to engage life from a place of greater awareness, empowerment, inspiration, resiliency, and peace.
With mental processes being critically overtaxed, it is essential to turn the dial of the signal-to-noise ratio and reconnect to that which is beyond the chatter and neurosis of the mind – to a place of deep tranquility, clarity, and wisdom. In doing so, we reconnect to the essential movement of life seeking to express through us, and perhaps more importantly, we reconnect to that which sustains and guides us through the most challenging terrain of life. We illuminate our own North Star and guiding light.
The retreat experience is one of tremendous alchemical potential, and it is my honor to hold space for your continued growth, revelation, and radiance of being.
ALIGNMENT & RESONANCE
This retreat may be well-aligned if:
· You feel blocked in your authentic expression (in work, purpose, relationships, etc.)
· You are seeking a safe and supported environment to presence that which is ready to be healed, integrated, and released
· You could benefit from a structured environment to “drop in” to the deeper aspects of your being
· You are ready to transcend the gravitational pull of victimhood, self-doubt, and stagnation and ignite your participation in the world
· You have a sincere desire to illuminate your own blind spots and see yourself (and the world around you) more clearly
· You are willing to lean into intensity and discomfort in service of growth
· You feel depleted and want to make a conscious effort to not only replenish, but recommit to sustained self-care and realizing your dreams and goals
· You are replenished by time in Nature and want to immerse in a beautiful, quiet place with sun, sand, and ocean!
· You are looking for a retreat that is more than a “yoga vacation” – an intentional space that offers a thoughtful balance between deep engagement and free time to integrate, rest, reflect, and renew
Top down, bottom up
As conscious human beings, our experience and potential relies on integrated, holistic well-being – body, mind, and spirit. As such, this retreat is designed to serve you on all levels. Short talks and teachings (and journaling & writing prompts) will be offered to support heightened self-understanding and awareness, and somatic practices will be incorporated to access that which is stored in the body and psyche…beyond conscious reach.
We will begin each day with seated meditation, followed by a dynamic, alignment-based Vinyasa Yoga practice to awaken vital energy flow and unwind tension patterns in the body. Mid-day will be yours to enjoy slow meals on the veranda, walk the labyrinth or beach, or soak up some Vitamin D by the pool.
Afternoon sessions will include a combination of dynamic breathwork (similar to Rebirthing & Holotropic modalities), Yin & Restorative-based yoga, yogic pranayama, and dharma talks and discussion.
Each day will conclude with silent meditation, and if you are so inclined, stargazing from the rooftop lounge or hot tub.
WHAT IS VIVEKA?
Viveka is a Sanskrit word referring to the faculty of discernment and our capacity to see ourselves more clearly. It is a continuous practice of questioning our beliefs and stories about ourselves, the world, and gaining clarity about what “possesses” and “binds” us in limitation. As more is revealed in the light of awareness, we have stronger understanding of cause and effect, and ability to RESPOND instead of react. We have the opportunity to make choices that will empower the trajectory of our lives, and our ability to bring a mature perspective and action to a world in dire need of it.
While the most important pre-requisite is a sincere desire to lean in, this retreat is best aligned for those individuals with a prior foundation of practice. The yoga will be accessible to all-levels, although more emphasis will be given to deepening awareness, as opposed to yoga basics and fundamentals. Some experience with meditation (Vipassana/Insight) will be beneficial, as we will be sitting for approximately one hour per day (20 min in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening). While breathwork does not require prior experience, it can be physically and psychologically demanding, and is best suited for those who have a baseline of therapeutic/spiritual/mindfulness experience to provide relational context for what might arise in the journeys.
If you have any questions about the nature of the program and whether this retreat aligns for your desired intentions, please contact me and I’d be happy to schedule a time to connect by phone.
This is a non-denominational retreat. Tai draws upon the philosophy, teachings, and mythology of various spiritual traditions (Yoga, Tantra, Buddhism, Christianity and Christian Mysticism, Shamanism, etc.), as well as her personal experience, to illuminate awareness and invite inquiry.
SAMPLE DAILY SCHEDULE:
8:30-10:00am: Yoga (Alignment-based Vinyasa & Hatha)
3:00-4:00pm: Dharma Talks & Discussion // Meditation
4:30-6:30pm: Breathwork // Yoga (Yin & Restorative)
8:30-9:00pm: Evening Meditation
*As a group, we will take one optional excursion to a non-profit conservatory to aid in the birth & release of baby sea turtles. Additional excursions will be available to book based on individual/group interest.
LOCATION & GETTING THERE:
PRANA DEL MAR | BAJA MEXICO
Prana del Mar is located near the southern tip of the Baja peninsula, just north of Cabo San Lucas. Located at the beach on five acres, the tranquil, desert setting provides the perfect environment for deep inner work. The resort features just 16 rooms and suites for an intimate experience, with two yoga studios (Sun & Moon), pool and hot tub, rooftop deck, sauna, spa services, gourmet meals, and a gracious and attentive staff. During free time, support you integration with a long walk on the beach, or journaling from your chaise lounge or the rooftop deck.
Flights should be booked to San Jose Cabo International airport - sometimes called Los Cabos (SJD) - and a private shuttle will take you to the resort (approximately a 45-minute drive).
Lodging & PRICING:
Prana del Mar offers luxurious and spacious accommodations, with amazingly comfortable beds (organic linens & pillow-top mattresses) and private terraces with your own chaise lounge.
DOWNSTAIRS - KING BED
Ideal for the single guest desiring privacy or a couple, these rooms feature one king bed, with additional seating area and en suite bath (dual sinks & separate shower and bathtub).
UPSTAIRS - TWO QUEEN BEDS
The upstairs suites have two queen beds, combination living room/dining room, kitchen, and en suite bath (single sink and shower over bathtub). These are the most spacious shared rooms I've encountered at a retreat center, so plenty of breathing space for you and your roommate.
Single Occupancy Rate: $3,075; $2,675 with Early Registration Discount by November 30th, 2018
Double Occupancy Rate: $2,375
Prana del Mar's cuisine is phenomenal....you won't want to leave! They source organic ingredients when possible and feature a primarily vegetarian menu, along with fresh fish. Sensitive care is take to accommodate special diets, including vegan, gluten-free, and other allergies. Needless to say, you will be nourished well and enjoy beautiful Mexican and international dishes prepared with love. Prepare yourself for the most amazing gluten-free molten chocolate cake EVER.
ACTIVITIES & SPA SERVICES:
From mid-October to early-December, a local preservation group offers the opportunity to help sea turtle hatchlings come out of their nests and into the ocean. This is a beautiful and remarkable opportunity to witness the birth of these incredible creatures, and to be present for the beginning of their journey.
Upon arrival at Prana del Mar, you can sign-up for additional activities during your free time (some excursions do have a minimum participant requirement). Choose from horseback riding on the beach, surfing lessons, sea kayaking, trip to Todos Santos, or cooking class with Prana del Mar's chef.
There is an on-site spa for massage and bodywork treatments, as well as a sauna.
The rates listed above include accommodations for seven nights, three gourmet meals daily, retreat programming, private meetings with Tai, sea turtle release & transportation, airport transfers on the arrival and departure dates, onsite WiFi, all yoga props, and all sales and hotel taxes.
Rate DO NOT include: Airfare, spa treatments, optional excursions and activities, airport transfers on alternate dates, and gratuities for Prana del Mar's staff.
REGISTRATION & CANCELLATION POLICY:
A $375 non-refundable deposit is required to reserve your room at the retreat, with balance due August 16th, 2019. If you are registering for more than one person, you can "change quantity" when checking out on PayPal.
If I am not familiar with you and your practice/path, a brief phone interview will be conducted to ensure there's alignment to support a rich and rewarding experience for all. Please contact me to inquire and arrange a time to connect.
The balance of payment is due 90 days prior to departure - August 16th, 2019.
In the event of cancellation:
More than 90 days: Full refund, less the deposit
From 90 to 60 days: 50% refund, less the deposit
Less than 60 days: No refund of payments made
As always with international travel, travel insurance is strongly recommended.
ADDITIONAL Q&A FOR YOUR PLANNING:
- Can I swim in the ocean? Generally, the waves and currents on the Pacific coast of Baja are too rough for safe swimming. You will have the opportunity to take an excursion to a swimming-friendly beach, otherwise you might mindfully wade into the breaking waves, or take a dip in the pool.
- What travel documents do I need? You will need a valid passport, and for those coming from the US and Canada, no visa is required. It's always a good idea to bring extra color copies of your passport, and passports can be left in room safes.
- Should I get travel insurance? For international retreats and travel, it's always recommended to have travel insurance.
- What type of currency should I bring? Cash (US dollars) is recommended to pay for spa services, tips and gratuities, and many of the excursions (some outfitters except credit cards, but some do not). There are no ATMs in the immediate vicinity of the resort, so it's a good idea to come with extra cash for anything you might want to enjoy on retreat.
- What type of electric outlets are used? Should I bring a hairdryer? If you are coming from the US or Canada, your electronics will work without an adapter (all of North America uses the same standard plug for 110V connections). Please note that the resort has some hair dryers, but if you NEED one, please bring your own, and consider that their electricity is entirely solar-powered, so discretion is requested.
- How do I get from the airport to the retreat center? Shuttle transfers from San Jose del Cabo (SJD) are included in the retreat. A shuttle will be arranged to meet you at the airport, and it's a 45-minute drive to the resort.
Any remaining questions? Please contact Tai to inquire!